Terms & Conditions
These terms & conditions set out the terms on which thelocco offers you access to and use of our sites, services, applications and tools (collectively ‘Services’). All policies, the Mobile Device Terms and the User Privacy Notice are incorporated into this User Agreement. You agree to comply with all of the above when accessing or using our Services.
The Site reserves the right, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of both the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Sale at any time. Changes will be effective when posted on the Site with no other notice provided. Please check these Terms and Conditions regularly for updates. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these Terms and Conditions constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
Kindly review the Terms and Conditions listed below diligently prior to using this website as your use of the website indicates your agreement to be wholly bound by its Terms and Conditions without modification. You agree that if you are unsure of the meaning of any part of these Terms and Conditions or have any questions regarding the Terms and Conditions, you will not hesitate to contact us for clarification. These Terms and Conditions fully govern the use of this website. No extrinsic evidence, whether oral or written, will be incorporated.
Thelocco.com is a large retail, outsourcing and crowdsourcing marketplace, that allows users to quickly and conveniently sell and buy products and services online and also hire the right professionals to get the job done. Thelocco allows you to set up an online shop or website for your business within minutes, link it to all your social media networks and start selling your products and services to millions of eager buyers across the globe.
You can shop from our ever expanding product range including, ebooks, electronics, software, fashion, home appliances, service based products and more, and have them delivered directly to you at your convenience! We offer global-wide delivery, free returns coupled with several payment options such as paypal, debit/credit cards and cash on delivery. Our professional service based marketplace, enables you to hire professionals within your local, and/or from other parts of the globe to do work in areas such as software development, writing, engineering, data entry and design, right through to local jobs and services such as cleaning, plumbing, moving, sales and marketing, accounting, legal services among others.
thelocco does not have possession of anything listed or sold through thelocco, and is rarely not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. The contract for the sale is directly between buyer and seller.
While we may provide pricing, postage, listing and other guidance in our Services, such guidance is solely informational and you may decide to follow it or not. thelocco does not review users' listings or content. While we may help facilitate the resolution of disputes through various programmes, thelocco has no control over and does not guarantee the existence, quality, safety or legality of items advertised; the truth or accuracy of users’ content, listings or feedback; the ability of sellers to sell items; the ability of buyers to pay for items; or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction or return an item.
In connection with using or accessing the Services you will not:
• post, list or upload content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our sites;
• breach or circumvent any laws, third party rights or our systems or policies;
• sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties;
• use our Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example if you are under 18), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our Services;
• fail to pay for items purchased by you, unless you have a valid reason as set out in thelocco policy the seller has materially changed the item's description after you bid, a clear typographical error is made, or you cannot contact the seller.
• fail to deliver items sold by you, unless you have a valid reason as set out in thelocco policy, for example the buyer fails to comply with the terms posted in your listing, or you cannot contact the buyer;
• manipulate the price of any item or interfere with any other user's listings;
• post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libellous content;
• take any action that may undermine the Feedback or ratings systems
• transfer your account (including Feedback) and user ID to another party without our consent.
• distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
• use the contact information of other users for any purpose other than in relation to a specific thelocco transaction (which includes using this information to send marketing materials directly to thelocco users unless the user has given explicit consent to receiving these materials);
• distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm thelocco, or the interests or property of thelocco users;
• use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access our Services for any purpose.
• bypass our robot exclusion headers, interfere with the working of our Services, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
• export or re-export any thelocco application or tools except in compliance with the export control laws of any relevant jurisdictions and in accordance with posted rules and restrictions;
• copy, modify, or distribute rights or content from our Services or thelocco’s works of authorship, designs and trademarks;
• copy, reproduce, reverse engineer, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, perform or publicly display any content (except for your information) from our Services without the prior express written permission of thelocco and the appropriate third party, as applicable;
• commercialise any thelocco application or any information or software associated with such application;
• harvest or otherwise collect information about users, such as email addresses, without their consent; or
• circumvent any technical measures we use to provide the Services.
Certain services and related features that may be made available on the Site may require registration or subscription. Should you choose to register or subscribe for any such services or related features, you agree to provide accurate and current information about yourself, and to promptly update such information if there are any changes. Every user of the Site is solely responsible for keeping passwords and other account identifiers safe and secure.
The account owner is entirely responsible for all activities that occur under such password or account. Furthermore, you must notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account. The Site shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, your failure to comply with this section.
During the registration process you agree to receive promotional emails from the Site. You can subsequently opt out of receiving such promotional e-mails by clicking on the link at the bottom of any promotional email.
If you are registering with thelocco as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to legally bind that entity. If you are trading as a business on thelocco, you must comply with all applicable laws relating to online trading for the site you are selling on. We may cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time or modify or discontinue our Services.
Information Available on the Website
You accept that the information contained in this website is provided “as is, where is”, is intended for information purposes only and that it is subject to change without notice. Although we take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of information and we believe the information to be reliable when posted, it should not be relied upon and it does not in any way constitute either a representation or a warranty or a guarantee.
Product representations expressed on this Site are those of the vendor and are not made by us. Submissions or opinions expressed on this Site are those of the individual posting such content and may not reflect our opinions.
Our aim is to ensure accessibility to the website at all times, however we make no representation of that nature and reserves the right to terminate the website at any time and without notice. You accept that service interruption may occur in order to allow for website improvements, scheduled maintenance or may also be due to outside factors beyond our control.
In addition to any other legal or equitable remedies, we may, without prior notice to you, immediately terminate the Terms and Conditions of Use or revoke any or all of your rights granted under the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Upon any termination of this Agreement, you shall immediately cease all access to and use of the Site and we shall, in addition to any other legal or equitable remedies, immediately revoke all password(s) and account identification issued to you and deny your access to and use of this Site in whole or in part.
Any termination of this agreement shall not affect the respective rights and obligations (including without limitation, payment obligations) of the parties arising before the date of termination. You furthermore agree that the Site shall not be liable to you or to any other person as a result of any such suspension or termination.
If you are dissatisfied with the Site or with any terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices of thelocco marketplace, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
Without limiting other remedies, we may limit, suspend, or terminate your user account(s) and access to our Services, restrict or prohibit access to, and your activities on, our Services, cancel bids, remove or demote listings, delay or remove hosted content, remove any special status associated with the account, reduce or eliminate any discounts, and take technical and legal steps to keep you from using our Services if:
• we think that you are creating problems or possible legal liabilities;
• we think that such restrictions will improve the security of the eBay community or reduce our or another eBay user's exposure to financial liabilities;
• we think that you are infringing the rights of third parties;
• we think that you are acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this User Agreement or our policies or abuse our employees or users;
• despite our reasonable endeavors, we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or
• you fail to make full payment of any fees due for our Services by your payment due date.
When a buyer or seller issue arises we may consider the user's performance history and the specific circumstances in applying our policies. We may choose to be more lenient with policy enforcement, and to do the right thing for both buyers and sellers.
The fees we charge for using our Services vary from subscription fees to own a store at thelocco to commissions charged for every sale. In some instances thelocco allows free advertising and sale of products and services.
You are required to have a payment method on file when selling on thelocco. If your payment method fails or your account is overdue, we may collect fees owed by charging other payment methods on file and retaining collection agencies or legal counsel.
When listing an item, you agree to comply with the following rules for listing and selling practices.
• you are responsible for the accuracy, content and legality of the item listed.
• your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for up to 24 hours. We does not guarantee exact listing durations;
• content that violates any of our policies may be deleted at our discretion;
• where your listing appears in search and browse results may be based on certain factors such as listing format, title, bidding activity, end time, keywords, price and postage cost, Feedback, thelocco terms and conditions compliance and detailed seller ratings
• We may provide you with optional recommendations to consider when creating your listings. Such recommendations may be based on the aggregated sales and performance history of similar sold and current listings; results will vary for individual listings. To drive the recommendations experience, you agree that we may display the sales and performance history of your listings to other sellers;
• some optional upgrade features will only be visible on certain thelocco Services.
Accordingly, to drive a positive user experience, a listing may not appear in some search and browse results regardless of the sort order chosen by the buyer.
These items may not be listed on eBay:
• Adults only
• Drugs and drug paraphernalia
• Embargoed goods and prohibited countries
• Firearms, weapons and knives
• Government, transit, postal items and official items policy
• Hazardous, restricted, or regulated materials
• Items encouraging illegal activity
• Lock-picking devices
• Mailing lists and personal information
• Offensive material
• Police-related items
• Prescription drugs
• Prohibited illegal services
• Stolen property